Activities for Meteosat Third Generation (MTG)
On-Board Software Development
Detailed design and development of satellite control software components for MTG.
The task of the Satellite Control Software is to manage and command the devices aboard the satellite and to execute or forward commands of the ground station. GTD engineers are involved in the creation of the following SCSW components:
- Interface to the real-time operating system
- TC Management Service
- PUS Time Management Service
- Electrical Power Supply Management
- Housekeeping Repository Service
- Unified Propulsion Subsystem
- Different hardware drivers: MIL-Bus BC, OBDH Bus, TC Decoder, PCDU, ...
The following activities have been conducted:
- Detailed design with UML/Rhapsody
- Programming in C
- Conception and execution of basic functional tests on the EBB (Electronic Bread Board) and the SVF (Software Validation Facility)
MTG is an earth observation mission. Two of the six MTG satellites are so called "Sounders" which are equipped with an infrared sounder (IRS). These IRS instruments enable collection of detailed data profiles of the atmospheric humidity and temperature conditions.
Technical Coordination of the SVF development
Technical reporting and coordination of the design, integration and validation of the MTG Software Validation Facility, SVF.
The SVF is a simulator that is used for the validation of the satellite control software. It is constructed according to the SMP2 (Simulation Model Portability version 2) SCOS 2000 (Satellite Control and Operation System 2000) standards of ESA.
Activities include the technical reporting and coordination of the specification, design, integration and validation of simulator components (models and framework).